Saturday 4 October 2008

Getting Gabrieli In

Ok, for those of you who are not dog lovers, I would think that this will seem complete madness! Our insurance company had verbally told me that, while they would not cover Gabrieli whilst in Italy, we could continue to pay the insurance premium, could obtain treatment for her when we were back in UK, and (most importantly) be able to return to the UK and start using the health insurance as normal.

I thought it would be wise to get this in writing, so I rang back this morning. And they've changed their mind. If Gabrieli leaves the UK, even if we pay the premiums, we can't claim on the insurance ever again. Umm, covered for life apparently means 'covered in the UK'. She is an expensive pet - and I don't mean that she gets satin sheets and diamond collars - just that her medication is expensive, and she takes lots of it. So now we have a real problem. Her Pet Passport is fine, she's fine, getting her there would be fine, and living in the apartment would also be --- well, you get my point. I'm waiting for their official response, and they are going to check the initial phone conversation, as I know it is always possible that I have misunderstood.
Anyone got any advice on Italian pet insurance?

1 comment:

Laurence said...

Why does she need so much medication?

laurence (shenley)